Yea yea, I know it's crazy that I went ahead to watch the Real-Bayern match instead of the Lille-Utd one. I woke up at 3.30am & had planned on doing that too but the temptation was just too huge to resist:
While switching between Ch 23 & 24, I happened to catch Lukas walking out alongside Bastian and well, he rarely gets a start and I just had to pick them over Utd. Besides Real is far more interesting than Lille (cept when they almost did what Thailand did) and to be honest, I enjoyed the game thou The Prinz had a relatively quiet game.
Lahm was a pocket dynamo throughout, Bastian failed to unleash his trademark rocket-shots successfully, O Hargreaves was very much active, and Becks... I say, BRING HIM BACK TO ENGLAND. He's still got much to offer, stop being so stubborn Mc - you're just destroying the national team.
***
It'd be beyond incredible if both Utd and Bayern navigate their way through the last 16 and somehow (just somehow) meet in the later stages - preferably the Final. Cuz then... I'll get to see my 4 favourite boys on the same pitch:
And then there's the sub-plot - Carrick v Hargreaves. Even though it's cruel if either side loses... I know I definitely want Utd to triumph. Man, I can't even picture it happening - Utd & Bayern in the Final, that'll be like 1999 all over again no?