<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, January 15, 2007

"Yea, yea."


I don't even know where to begin.
It's been quite awhile since any film has had such an impact on me.
The numerous 5-stars & top ratings Blood Diamond has received?
Deserves more, I'd say.

p.s. Not that I have what it takes to cast judgements but still, here's what I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leo is awarded "Best Actor" come tomorrow morning.
I've watched a number of films starring Leo over the last 7, 8 years while also secretly wishing there'll be this one character played by him to remove the "Leo = Jack Dawson" image from my mind.
Danny Archer did the job.
Even if he does get an Oscar nod, that wouldn't be too much, would it?
I can safely say Leo aced the role of Danny Archer.

And full credits to Djimon Hounsou and Jennifer Connelly. Especially Djimon Hounsou; excellent portrayal of a desperate, helpless father, very believable and natural.

The child soldiers, amount of blood shed, number of innocent lives sacrificed - cruel, but it IS happening. Blood Diamond will probably raise the level of awareness among the consumers but I seriously doubt it'll herald a revolution of sorts which will deter people from buying diamonds.
The stupidity of mankind.

The entire movie was about 143 minutes long but it certainly wasn't draggy at any point - fast-moving and clear cut. Though there were a lil too much emotions to deal with as the film drew to an end (I didn't have enough tissues, dammit).

Oh yes, I'm actually going to wake up before 9am to catch the 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards 'live' (: I know I know, I'm very proud of myself too.

Here's a full list of the presenters but the ones I'm looking out for:
  1. Jake Gyllenhaal (Jakeypoo!!)
  2. Djimon Hounsou
  3. Justin Timberlake (is he going to perform?? lol)
  4. Rachel Weisz - 'nuff said XD
One last addition: If Leo does not win Best Actor for either Departed or Blood Diamond in 9 hours' time, I'm so gonna flip *GRRR*.

"In America, it's bling bling. But out here it's bling bang."

collection of memories @
11:59 PM