<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, December 02, 2006

SOMETHING'S REALLY WRONG

With Blogger.
I'm now typing a new post but still in the HTML crap format I was talking about. I don't have a choice, need to get this post done before 1:15am (heh heh) and I prob won't have the time to post tomorrow since I have to wake up at 5:30am (-.-)

Okay as I try to recall the series of events since last Tues, bear with me cuz I think this will be one lengthy post. In no special order, here goes:

I'm back from my KL trip (: Only 3 miserable days but good enough - at least I'm out of Singapore for 72 hours. Lol. Not much shopping done, sadly. Cuz I blew 1/4 of the $ I brought to KL on a top. ONE top. Yea, shoot me.
The hotel was more like a holiday resort, has a man-made beach & lovely rooms (:
Thank god for Cy (we shared a room), the room was kept clean and dry as much as possible (you know how some people manage to make the toilet wet as hell after their showers even with the shower curtain? Yes, I'm irritated by that so you might want to think twice before sharing a hotel room/living space with me). It was an enjoyable trip on the whole so... ((:
Now, I'll have to learn how to survive on my own ): as my entire family (including my dear grandmom) prepares for a vacation (again) come next week. Damn it.
--
I won something from a contest!
This is so rare; I don't usually have much luck in such contests.
But anyway, I've got Ted's autographed album & a CD hamper "worth $200" XD
And being the sucker I'm for music, I'd gladly welcome the CD hamper - more to add to my CD collection! I'm thankful for Ted's autographed album (thou I already own 1 & have another special edition on the way from US... which makes me a proud owner of 3 Teds albums) but I wished the CDs in the "hamper" were better - there's Westlife's World of Our Own (I already have that) and Jessica Simpson's 2004 X'mas album *faints* and a couple of rock albums, a folk album, and a compilation. I shan't complain; this is an unexpected gift. I shall, no strike that, I WILL appreciate them.
--
I don't know what happened but I've been buying DVDs virtually everyday since I've been back from the KL trip (yeah cheers, I've busted my bank account once again).
Met up with Jo, Shan and Pam on Mon to finalise the assignment, and caught the new Bond movie with Jo after that (missed the trailers again!). I'm no fan of Daniel Craig but it wasn't half as bad. And thanks to Jo (the girl is fast becoming my favourite movie-watching-buddy), I'm heading back to the theatres on a regular basis again - well, it's not happening yet but I can see it coming.
--
What I didn't expect was the movie-craving craze that followed:
That same night, I got home and watched my recently-purchased:

on 3 consecutive nights (in that order).
Plus I bought the newly minted & piping hot off the shelves,

WESTLIFE LIVE AT WEMBLEY.
That's seriously burned a huge hole in my pocket!
BUT. I'm still craving for more movies - The Last Kiss, Flags of Our Fathers, Happy Feet, The Holiday etc the list just won't end.
Movies anyone? It's unlikely I'll turn you down ;)
--
Exam for Journalism ended more than 24 hours ago, and yea, just like the advertising one, I hope I'll scrape through at the very least. Though Cartel has really provided a very conducive place for studying this time round, I'm not having much faith in what I wrote for the actual exam itself. *fingers crossed*
--
Right after the exam, Jo and I bailed; the weather didn't look too good. So we rushed off to Queensway in search of the usual but ran out of luck cuz sold out (-.-)
--
With time to spare, we dropped by IKEA, intending to stay for a short while and ended up stocking the trolley with crap (yet again - I can never walk out of IKEA emptyhanded). The good - I spent less than $50 AND, I've got a new side table, two cute lil shoe racks which I've painted and am going to make them into CD racks, a vintage-looking alarm clock and a mini easel to prop up my favourite photo (which I will post after the issues with Blogger are resolved). And the bad - nothing. So tell me, why do I love IKEA? I'd like to have an answer too.
--
Update @ 9:46PM, 3 Dec
Cheers! Blogger's working again - adding on the images.
So here's my favourite photo: the 3 terrors of United

Looking NOT like terrors here eh.
It cost a bomb, and in case you're wondering, those autographs are genuine hence the price... I know I should probably sell it since it will fetch a high price (potentially 10 times the price I paid for) and I could use the extra cash. I've considered too, but nope, I intend to keep it - rare collector's item (:
p.s. If you think this image looks good, the actual masterpiece sitting on the easel in my room will probably blow you away. Haha.

collection of memories @
11:57 PM