ABSOLUTELY GOBSMACKEDThe world of swimming will NEVER be the same again.
--
Swimming ace Thorpe quits racing
Ian Thorpe at today's press conference ... "It's emotional because I see my entire swimming career flash before my eyes." [click
HERE for full article]
Thorpe torpedos career at just 24 SYDNEY, Australia - Five-time Olympic champion Ian Thorpe has quit competitive swimming. [click
HERE for full article]
Star Thorpe announces retirement Five-time Olympic champion Ian Thorpe has stunned the world of swimming by retiring at the age of 24. [click
HERE for full article]
Australia's Ian Thorpe announces retirement SYDNEY (Reuters) - World and Olympic champion Ian Thorpe, arguably Australia's greatest ever swimmer, announced his retirement from competitive swimming at the age of 24 on Tuesday. [click
HERE for full article]
Ian Thorpe retires from swimmingSYDNEY, Australia (AP) — Five-time Olympic champion Ian Thorpe retired from competitive swimming Tuesday at the age of 24, saying breaking records "wasn't as inspiring as it should have been." [click
HERE for full article]
--
This has got to be one of the worst moments in my life and it is ranking top on my list now.
[Source]: On the possibility of a comeback in the future, Thorpe said: "I won't rule it out, I never rule anything out, but it's not going to happen.'' - Heartbreaking.

I'm so going to miss that familiar black bodysuit & yellow cap in the pool.
To the GREATEST FREESTYLER ever. Legendary sportsman with a record no being can ever match. The one and only Ian Thorpe.
GOODBYE THORPEY.
I will miss you.