THE LOVE ALBUMWas watching the United match when I received a text message from mutton saying there's "westlife!" on TV and realised they were going to perform for Miss World (-.-)" Due to my dad and the match itself, I had to catch a later telecast (from 12:30 to freakin' 2:30AM) just to see the lads again (thank god there was
THE NOTEBOOK on HBO). But it was fantabulous to see them again
XD (thanks mutton, appreciate it much!) So it turned out they sang "You Raise Me Up" (oh, what a surprise) and a
WORLD EXCLUSIVE of their new single, didn't catch the title but it should be "The Rose" (or something close to that, hah) from their upcoming Love album to be released later this November. I love the song itself to bits and it doesn't really help much that it's performed by.. Westlife!
Back to their upcoming album, supposedly
THE LOVE ALBUM, in which the lads themselves say it's kinda like a "tribute album" packed with love songs (from the 80s etc) as they thought it would be better to record an entire album on 'em instead of scattering these love songs across several albums. Not original songs again but I ain't complaining, very much looking forward to the release (prob Nov 6) actually
XDBits & pieces I picked up from their interview:
1) "
We're not used to Brian anymore. ..He doesn't want to be back in the band either. ..3 concert tours with & without him." - Well, glad to hear that. I do miss Bri at times, but I reckon the lads are doing great w/o him & are better off with 4 ;)
2) When asked if they were ever gonna try do punk or rock, the immediate response was a look of distaste (and probably disgust even!) from Kian (and Shane) with a big "NO!" -- Lol, I can't imagine them doing these 2 genres either, just not Westlife.
3) Qn: Ever going solo? Met with a very very firm "NO." The best bit? This "no" came from the lead vocal, Mr Shane Filan. You have all my respect, sir.
Cheers to many more years of Westlife!
And my countdown to the upcoming LOVE album begins! ((:
