Okayy.. have been collecting too much dust. Not much has happened since the last I posted an entry, except that JT's songs are really growing on me and, an eventful Saturday and a more than disappointing Sunday night ): Nah, I won't go on and on about JT's album, all you need to know is that you will be missing out if you give his album a miss.
On to Saturday, I met up with my dear FM, Miss Betsy, to collect our paychecks at International Plaza - yes, I should be jumping for joy now that I have my cash but unfortch, nope, cuz it's still a long way to go if I am planning to "replenish" my bank balance before school starts )': so people, if you feel like giving me anything for any occasion at all, here's my hint: I NEED CASH. Thank you - Alright, out of point, back to Saturday. And from 9:30AM, we embarked on a tireless journey and quoting my FM, great sense of achievement. Don't want to bore you guys with the deets, but I need to outline the number of places we've been to - 1) collected our paychecks at International Plaza and 2) took a train down to Raffles Place to cash in our cheques at Stand Chart, opened a/cs at UOB, and a trip to POSB and 3) walked across Nicoll Highway, past Esplanade and through Citylink to Marina Square 4) Subsequently walked back to Citylink and dropped by Raffles City 5) and from there, to Peninsular Plaza (in search of my jersey) on foot 6) dropped by Funan to check out the notebooks 7) took a train down to Wheelock Place 8) spent some time at Heeren and walked to Dhoby Ghaut 9) Finally, back to Hougang for dinner. Gosh, that's a lot. See why I said it was an eventful Sat? (: Mmm..
I can't say the same for my Sunday night... YES, United dropped points for the first time in this season, to Arsenal and at OLD TRAFFORD (!!!), no less - how could they do this at home? Though I have to admit, Arsenal deserved the win; no Henry but they still bagged the 3 points, good for them. Wayne and Saha didn't do their magic all night, Wazza seemed subdued and just not there, disappointing to say the very least while Cristiano outshone them with all his runs and efforts, though he gave away the match-winning ball ): And Chelsea beat Liverpool 1 - 0 earlier on, so now, United and Chelsea are level, damn it.
Related reports/articles:
Report: United 0 Arsenal 1 With five minutes left and the scores level at 0-0 United would have taken a draw and thought it a point gained rather than two lost. But the Reds paid the price for too many mistakes when Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor snatched a late winner at Old Trafford on Sunday. [click HERE to read full article]
Fergie: We are sick and tired By IAN McGARRY: Manchester Utd 0 Arsenal 1 September 18, 2006 ALEX FERGUSON was gutted after United's first league defeat to Arsenal in almost 4½years. [click HERE to read full article]
*** Anyway, I don't know if it was the real reason but when I enquired about my DFB jersey, the boss (I suppose) of the shop didn't even bother to answer my question. I didn't think too much about it until my dear FM was saying he was a totally different person when serving guys - WTF. So it's weird girls are into football? Please. What age are we living in? ICE Age? Girls watch football too, get over it! Jeez.