<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, September 10, 2006

WESTLIFE ROCKS MY WORLD!



I said I'd sink right into depression; it didn't take more than 5 seconds the moment my lads left the stage. I'm SO bloody pissed at the duration of it, barely one and a half hours (and Backstreet's Never Gone Tour lasted for like 2 hours)! Damn it.

Nevertheless, it was beyond awesome to see my good ol' Westlife lads in flesh.
8 September 2006, Westlife Face To Face Tour 2006 - I won't forget.
And having been to numerous concerts, this was the best one EVER.
7 years and still counting, I love my 'LIFE (:
Let's see, Nicky killed me with his charm, Kian surprised me with his new haircut (thank god), Shane and Mark.. strong powerful vocals as usual and Westlife just, on the whole, rocked the concert like nobody's business; t
he lads commanded stage presence like no other and they certainly know how to work the crowd nuts! Definitely no disappointement XD
Plus, both Kian and Nicky have much more parts in the vocal arrangements now (since the departure of a certain Brian McFadden) and boy, am I glad. Like I said, Nicky has this really distinctive voice which made a lot of difference and Kian just added a depth into their pieces.
In all honesty, judging from the concert turnout and response, I think it's pretty safe to say that no one is missing Mr McFadden (Yea I know, Brian who?) at all.

Alrighty, I shall end here for the moment, rest assured I'll be back with more deets when I have the time, gotta go collect my chunk of freshly developed concert photos~!

adding on @ 10:48AM (11 Sept 06):
I have collected the photos, all 117 of 'em! And how much do I hate my camera? THIS MUCH. Crappy camera, I could have had countless beautiful pictures of my lads, and you had to spoil it all for me, thanks a lot pal -.- I do have some nice ones though... and mutton had many more good shots I think (am waiting for her highness to kindly send me hers since mine turned out disastrous). Anyway, after the concert, I went back home and flipped through the WESTLIFE FACE TO FACE TOUR PROGRAMME and the 1st page caught my eye - "To The Best Fans In The World" (followed by their message).

I know I know, To The Best Fans In The World is just a simple (and maybe even cliche) phrase but it really tore me apart inside. From "Swear It Again" to "You Raise Me Up", Westlife, Coast to Coast, World of Our Own, Unbreakable: The Greatest Hits, Turnaround, Allow Us To Be Frank and now Face To Face, 13 No. 1 singles, 7 albums - 7 years is so not a short period of time.
Sticking by the lads (from the departure of Brian to all those negative criticisms they've received... god, it's been a long long ride), there're just too much memories to hold on. Not just memories of Westlife, but also how everything used to be so much simpler with a friend, just hanging out and talk about whatever we can think of. And now, I ain't even sure things can return to the way they used to be; I regret to say that it seems virtually impossible at the moment but I'm thankful for the times we shared in any case.
Westlife is big for me, they mean more than just another band, they're where I found an incredible friend (I'm trying so hard to keep my tears from falling now cuz I'm not in the comfort of my home you see, I'm at the office, silly yea?). Oookay, I gotta go off now to dry my tears, haha. Will add some of the photos later (:

- edit @ 6:04PM:
I decided I'm not posting any more photos from the concert; it's going to take a lot of time to resize them all cuz the file sizes are too big, sorry!
Anyway, like what I told Cy, I need to post my incredibly weird and wacky dream here. After watching the United v Spurs match in the wee hours of Sunday morning (which Utd won 1-0), we went back to sleep. And I actually dreamt of Wazza. It's not the 1st time I dreamt of him but what's funny is the topic we were going on and on about - the digestive system. Lol! Don't ask me why, I know it's senseless. The dream was so cute, haha. Alrighty, time to head home! ((:

collection of memories @
3:58 PM