Oooh la la~! I find it impossible not to like my German NT. Germany destroyed San Marino 13-0! Yes, you read right - 13-0. On the scoresheet: Lukas PODOLSKI (12' 42' 64' 70'), Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER (29' 48'), Miroslav KLOSE (30' 45'), Michael BALLACK (35'), Thomas HITZLSPERGER (66' 71'), Manuel FRIEDRICH (87') and Bernd SCHNEIDER (pen 90') Completely caught me off guard; I know Germany is a good team, but 13-0.. so NOT expected.
35 international matches, 20 goals. Give it up for LUKAS PODOLSKIXD p.s. Did I mention that the very cute & extremely talented Prinz Poldi and I share the same birthdate? - 4th June, such a beautiful date yea (Yes, you can count on me to get excited even over this insignificant fact), aren't you jealous? Lol.
However, with all honesty, I reckon the best goal (out of an unbelievable 13) came from Basti - the free kick he sent rocketing into the net (which resulted in his 2nd goal). Catch the match of its highlights if you have a chance and you'll know why it's easily the best goal (:
France beat Italy 3-1! It was an awesome game, fast and just superb - a huge contrast from the slow Portugal v Finland game which featured more dives and falls than actual football kicking (-.-)" And I'm so glad I decided to stay up for this match, though I'm still convinced France would have been a more deserved world champion judging by the way they'd played.
As usual, England's game was boring. Seriously, I have no idea what they were doing; I actually dozed off several times during the match. To be fair though, it was partly due to the fact that I've stayed up all night long since the Portugal v Finland match (which ended 1-1). Madness, I can't believe I stayed up to watch all the matches from 12:55am till the end of the Germany v San Marino match - that's 4 matches continuously over approximately.. a whopping 7 and a half hours! After the PORTUGAL v FINLAND& FRANCE v ITALYmatch, I was already on my way to Zzz. And England's way of playing encouraged me all the more. Even when the Germany match kicked off, I was only half conscious. Until. Basti opened the floodgates in the 29th minute with his 1st goal; that immediately jerked me awake, and the rest of the goals that followed... well, I couldn't possibly fall asleep with such entertaining football right? So here I am now, while Cy is sleeping, I'm still posting this entry; couldn't keep the excitement level down you see.
Okay.. I can't take it anymore, going off to Zzz. Will add on if I do remember anything significant (:
add on @ 11:35AM (08/09/06): 2 more players caught my eye during the France v Italy match - Fabio Cannavaro, and I'm calling himThumbevaro (yes I know, what an adorable nickname) and Alberto Gilardino. Don't ask me why them, I have yet to find the reason too.
PLUS I'm seeing my lads (after 7 years!) with mutton later ((: About 9 more hours to go~ I can't believe it's happening so fast and I know I will definitely miss them badly and sink right into depression mode after the concert; god knows how many more years I will have to wait to see them again ): But I'm so looking forward to tonight XD