THE MASTER OF STEPOVERS HAS GOT MAGIC IN HIS BOOTS
Right, you ask who's the Master of Stepovers? None other than a certain Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. It's always a joy watching him play; spicing up matches everytime he has the ball at his feet. His stepovers and lil tricks may always be condemned for being "too excessive" but at the very least, he almost always gets what he set out to achieve. And he plays what I call "beautiful football". Isn't that what all the buzz has been about - Joga Bonito? Whoever agrees that Cristiano'sgot magic in his boots is just.. a genius. Lol. Whenever the cameras zoom in on his feet doing his trademark thing, it's always unbelievable that he can move THAT quick; it seems like he's always running and dribbling on his toes (!!) and almost not humanly possible. Even after watching him play for 4 years, I'm still fascinated by his tricks and I don't think anyone can snatch that title (Master of Stepovers) away from him, he's just too good XDI know it's still too early in the season to cast judgement on his form... but he's been nothing save for incredible for all the matches he played. Just a spark from him and he can win the game on his own.
And yes, I managed to drag myself out of my cosy bed and into the sofa seat at mind-boggling 2:45AM (on Wed morning) to catch the United-Benfica match. Crazy I know, and I don't know if I can ever pull it off again, was pretty much useless &felt like crap throughout the day. Shoot, I gtg, will add on to this entry tomorrow! add on 29/09/2006, 3:17PM: I don't have much to add actually, lost track of what I'd initially wanted to say. Haha. But just to reinforce my point, check out the Master in action (enjoy~ cuz I know I did)