<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, September 05, 2006



FOR THE PAST WEEK

So I have been stagnant for almost a week; have been busy with different things. Heh heh.

Of course, the most obvious: I have changed my blogskin once again!
Oops. I'm NOT fickle-minded, was just getting a lil sick of the previous one; depressing to see that page everyday - makes you feel so lonely and all, though I have to admit I love that piece of artwork.

So anyway, here's the new skin, and the first thing that caught my eye was the image -- just 2 kids standing on the beach together with no one else around them and it reminded me -- how everything used to be much simpler when we were kids. *sigh* In general, the whole image.. means a lot to me, something.. special. Okay, full stop. That's all I'm going to share, let's move on.

Betsy, my ever-bubbly FM, left last Friday ):
It's only a few days and I'm missing her already. Terrible. It has been about half a year since I got to know her, but it feels like i've just known her yesterday. Amazing girl who can light up everyone's day with her laughter, seriously, I mean EVERYONE. I don't know how she does it, you'd have to consult her if you're interested. Lol. Anyway, I don't think last Friday is tha last I've seen of her; if nothing goes wrong, I'm sure we'll be meeting up soon, right FM? (=

Hope you like the many slaps we gave you on your last day by the way, and I know you're very touched. As tough as it sounds, hope you'll grow to like your new workplace and continue to miss me ;p

Before I go on, let me first say that I'm so proud of myself for what I've done to my room.
I've personally destroyed the gigantic cabinet-cum-bookcase-cum-study-table all by myself on Saturday afternoon! After waiting for my dad for 3 months (I've asked for his help since before the World Cup), I decided I'm not going to wait anymore, therefore the start of my mission impossible.
Spent like 3 hours destroying everything and carried the scraps of wood to the void deck and made a grand total of 5 trips up and down my block just to dump those drawers, shelves etc. And at the end of the day, I only managed to clear half of what I'd destroyed. The bottom half of the cabinet was so heavy I needed my dad's help. So after dinner, there goes my last piece of crap!
And now, I have 2 very new bookcase and a gorgeous carpet in place - a nice cosy corner I've set up - perfect! And on that night, Cy came over to my place and yes, proud of me too cuz I finally dumped that huge piece of crap! Haha.

So that night, we stayed up for the Euro 2008 qualifiers England - Andorra match till 2am in the morning, lazed around, went back to sleep and woke up at 6am to catch the delayed telecast of Germany - Ireland.
And... wow, I can't even describe how I felt when I watched the German squad walking onto the Stuttgart pitch... It was like World Cup all over again, and beyond fantabulous to see all those familiar faces -- Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Lahm, Friedrich, Klose... it was one good match.

Tough but their efforts paid off - Poldi scored (: though it was only 1 - 0.

In contrast to the England - Andorra one... (I'm not being biased here) though it was a 5-0 thrashing, it felt more like an internationally friendly than a competitve match so it got kinda boring at some point. BUT, Stevie G and Owen Hargreaves made the match interesting at times, so thumbs up for them. Defoe was good too, but I can't say the same for Crouch... Honestly, he doesn't impress me (despite his total tally).

I prefer my strikers who are explosive on the field and able to charge through the defence (see WAYNE ROONEY, LUKAS PODOLSKI).
To me, Crouch just waits for other players to feed him the ball, score, and take the credit (-.-)" So nope, I'm still not accepting him yet. I'd give anything for the Rooney-Owen pair up though impossible in the near future, given Michael Owen's injury, but even Rooney-Defoe is good enough. I'll just wait and see what happens when Wayne returns from suspension (:

Currently, I'm counting down to Wednesday night/Thursday morning and Friday night. Let's see:
Wednesday night/Thursday morning: PORTUGAL v Finland at 12:55am, France v Italy at 2:55am, ENGLAND v Macedonia at 4:55am and saving the best for last, GERMANY v San Marino at 6:55am.

Yes I know, what a way to kick off a brand new day right? XD
Friday night: WESTLIFE FACE TO FACE TOUR!
Did I mention I waited five years and 4 months for this day?
I think I just did.
***
Podolski blasts his way back to form

collection of memories @
3:41 PM