<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, August 21, 2006



REPORT: UNITED 5 FULHAM 1


United went top of the Premiership table on Sunday after Fulham were blown away by the Reds' attacking potency in a breathtaking 5-1 win at Old Trafford.

ROONEY PRAISES RONALDO DISPLAY



Wayne Rooney hailed his on-field relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo after the pair inspired United to a 5-1 win over Fulham on Sunday.

***
After the World Cup, I thought I'd be bored to death watching club matches but my ROO-NALDO proved me wrong. Went to cartel to catch the United-Fulham match last night with Cy (being the good friend she is, she came along even though she was very tired, thanks!) and I was complaining about how I never got the chance to watch Wayne score a goal during 'live' matches for United and guess what, Wayne scored 2 last night! I shall do this for every United match I catch 'live'. Haha. Then Wayne will end up being the top-scorer for the league this season.
Watching England in the World Cup was painful, cuz there's no one who can partner Wayne and at that time, I was thinking Cristiano is the only player who works best with him, too bad he's not English ): Together, the 2 of them are just fabulous and they proved it last night XD
4 goals in the 1st 20 minutes! What is WRONG with the Fulham 'keeper?? Along with Cy, I laughed so hard my tears just couldn't stop and I thought nothing will better the Germany-Coasta Rica opening WC match (3 goals in 1st 20 min). Everything was just perfect last night, thou it wasn't the ridiculous score I'd predicted and wanted (6-0), 5-1 was good enough.
And everyone who's waiting for Wayne and Cristiano to NOT get along, dream on! It sucks that Wayne won't be able to play in the next 3 matches, but when he returns to play alongside Cristiano, it's the BIG night - United v Arsenal AND Liverpool v Chelsea - Clash of the titans! Haha. I can't wait for that night to come soon enough ;)

***adding on @ 5:09PM
Oops!
I forgot to mention, Cal and Jo joined us later on for dinner at cartel last evening, and Cal asked me about the guy who supposedly 'backstabbed' Wayne (ie Cristiano) and I pointed to the TV screen when Cristiano was featured. Subsequently, I caught Cal set her eyes on the TV screen briefly whenever Cristiano was featured, so I teased her.
"You find him good-looking right?"
Guess what brilliant reply of a genius my dear girl gave me --
*pause* "Yea he is, but Rooney is more adorable.."
-- Yikes! I cannot believe someone (aside from yours truly) will actually make that comment about him. I was so overjoyed deep down in my heart, finally there're people who can appreciate Wayne XD Let me explain why she found Wayne more appealing than Cristiano - Wayne scored a goal (I think) or something else made he grin like a kid with innocence and I mean, virtually glowed! Maybe that's what Cal saw that made her comment that Wayne is more adorable... (:
Okay, end of story, I just couldn't leave this out. Lol.

collection of memories @
9:21 AM