<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, July 02, 2006



Over a span of 4 years.
3 quarter finals, 3 defeats.
In an incredibly messed-up mood right now; it's the 1st time in my 19 years of living on this planet I cried my heart out over a football match.
Once Cristiano's shot went into the net, I just lost it.
Couldn't stop the tears from flowing.
It was SO PAINFUL.


I know, earlier I said I will be fine with whichever team (ENGLAND/Portugal) that goes through to the semis.
BUT NOT IN THIS MANNER.
NOT WHEN WAYNE GOT SENT OFF JUST BECAUSE OF THAT BLOODY PUSH ON CRISTIANO.
EVEN MORE SO WHEN IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CRISTIANO.
I'm so pissed to the extent I'm indifferent towards Cristiano, maybe even disgust.
And anyone who knows me will know how much I love both Wayne & Cristiano.

So to the extent that I'm filled with disgust, anger & nothing else towards him, Cristiano has really gotten to me.

So England didn't have a smooth World Cup journey; they tried.
This match was by far, one of the best game I've seen them play since the start.
And for hanging on with just 10 men for close to an hour (incl. extra time), give England the credits.
It just sucks to be beaten at the QF again! What the hell went wrong?!

Non-stop for 30 minutes at least, my eyes are puffy and red from all the crying.
I know Portugal is in my list of my top 4 teams, but now:
Brazil or France, I don't care, just send Portugal packing in the semis.

Right now, I'm just happy enough Germany is through to the semis, thanks to the almighty Klose header and Jens Lehmann, just go all the way and lift the trophy, I'm fully behind Germany now that England is out of the WC.

I have a feeling I'm gonna wallow in self misery the next few days that follow, few weeks maybe, so to anyone who tries talking to me, I apologise in advance if I lose my temper, or am just indifferent to everything you say, do or anything that happens around me.
It'll take a while for me to get over this heartbreaking outcome.

p.s. I truly hope the bad-temper-thus-red-card-followed-by-nationwide-slamming-of-Beckham incident from the '98 WC doesn't happen to Wayne... He's supposed to be the hero of all English supporters, please don't turn on him now that he's gotten the red card & got sent off. Bad temper, yes, BUT ALL THANKS TO CRISTIANO RONALDO.

***

I refer to my previous post on thanking god that the reports of Cristiano leaving United are rubbish.
At this very moment, I actually feel that he'll be better off in Madrid or wherever he wants to go; I don't think he can live with the crap he may be receiving from the English supporters anyway once the season starts. I have no idea why everytime he plays for his national team, I lose my respect for him bit by bit each time.

***

What I hope to see after the semis are played:



Germany v France... Sounds good enough for a Final showdown.

collection of memories @
2:37 AM