<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7155286?origin\x3dhttp://summerce.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, July 05, 2006



I will miss Schweinsteiger.
I will miss Podolski.
I will miss Friedrich. Klose. Lahm.
Most of all, I will miss this German squad, which has been simply awesome at this World Cup.



Fair play. That's GERMANY.
***

1st: Spain crashed out of the last 16
It was ok; minimal pain; I only felt the hurt for Villa & Torres.

2nd: England crashed out of the last 8 (again!)
Not OK at all, it hurt so bad. Penalties AGAIN!!! Wtf.
It felt almost like the world came crashing down on me.

The last straw: last night:
3rd: Germany crashed out of the semi-finals
IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES, no less! I was so certain they were going down to the penalty shootout and then Germany will triumph again. Sadly that was not meant to be.

This World Cup is just beyond sick.
I'm absolutely gutted.

***

So my top 4 has been reduced to a pathetic ONE team standing - PORTUGAL.
Who could have known this (and not Germany) is the last ONE standing?
Few I reckon.

Towards what they've done to England, I'm feeling less anger (which should never have existed in the 1st place, cuz I still love Portugal; was just disgusted by what Cristiano had done to Wayne thus the hatred I've directed towards them).

So hopefully PORTUGAL can hold on tonight and go all the way to the finals to lift the trophy; it won't be easy but Scolari's a genius. And though it will hurt England (and possibly, Germany, since they are the host nation) most if Portugal wins the World Cup... I'd rather not see the italians win it. That would suck. France... I"m neutral; hence I won't be jumping for joy should they be the champions. Call me crazy but I've decided, I want Portugal to win the World Cup.



Last pick: Portugal.
YES. PORTUGAL.

collection of memories @
5:37 PM