I was just wondering... Are all German players gifted in penalty shootouts? So much so that they can just score NO MATTER who the goalkeeper is?? It's almost freaky you know; it seems like they are the only ones who remain unbeaten when it comes to penalty shootouts.
Brushing aside the World Cup and big international tournaments (Euro etc) aside, German players are truimphant, almost always. Take for example, Hamann. Was watching the Steven Gerrard My Story DVD last night, since I'm suffering from World Cup withdrawal already, and snippets of the Champions League final (if I remember correctly) was shown. The match came to a 3-3 draw (aet) after Liverpool capped an incredible turnaround in a short span of 5 minutes (I believe); they were on the losing end at half time with 0-3 (Milan). (No no, don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of Liverpool; am staying loyal and true to the one and only, Manchester United. Heh heh.) So anyway, my point is Hamann scored in the much dreaded (or much-anticipated, if you're German) penalty shootout.
Okay, I admit. I'm just finding a more subtle way to elevate the German footballers. It's not really working, is it? Lol.
***
p.s. Good news: I survived the weekend (: Bad news: There's another weekend coming my way ):